14 March 2009

Epic Workout

Faye and I are awesome.

I was going to leave it at that, because it so very well encapsulates everything about these photos, but I just can't help myself.

Faye and I in an attempt to stay fit while we're in Egypt have been trying out ideas to incorporate physical activities into our weekly routine. It started with going on speedy walks around our neighborhood, which quickly bombed because apparently two girls walking around in modest workout gear heeds a lot of unwanted attention. Then we tried running up and down the stairs in our building, but were chased off by a very knarly looking kitty. Then, an amazing thing happened, the door to the roof was left open. Think synchronized i-pods, a jump rope, happenstance obstacle course, sweatbands, and mad dancing. If you happen to have access to a roof, and know another fitness enthusiast, I highly recommend this physical program.

Items you will need: 2 iPods fully charged. 2 sweatbands (in preferably neon colors), one jump rope, a roof, tennis shoes, and an enthusiastic friend.

Synch iPods by choosing an album with your enthusiastic friend and then hitting play at the same time.
You and your enthusiastic friend warm up and psyche up.

To further the togetherness of this experience, rather than taking turns with the jump rope, try two at time. This exercise requires some skill and coordination, be careful not to strangle your partner.
Continue to merrily exercise by interspersing jump roping, running, and dancing while encouraging your partner with high-fives until you achieve a super hot bod.

7 comments:

harry said...

Katie, this is about the cutest damn thing I've seen.

You two are fantastic!

Crazy amerikans scaring egyptians with spandex and sports bras, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Bob said...

In my head the music you two synched up to was the soundtrack to Top Gun, please don't let me know the truth, just let me live the dream!

PV parents said...

Woo Hoo, you KNOW I liked this one being the exercise guru and all :) What a great idea! You 2 look like you are having fun! Such a fun post.... Goes to show you don't need the fancy stuff or the gym membership to do your thang. You 2 should do the stair thing like a relay, 1 runs up and walks down, passes the ipod to the next one who runs up and then down (person at the bottom has to do squats until other one gets back)

Bob said...

new entry prease!

Katie said...

A new entry is on it's way, but my parents are visiting and then my sister is visiting and then Nate is visiting...so you can see where I'm going with this...I just need a little time in between entertaining everyone. I promise I will squeeze it in. I have some great new pictures and new stories to tell so be on the lookout.

Bob said...

Nate... Do I know Nate? is that the actual name of CopperTop? Cause it seems like his name is umm Kyle. Tell the family that I don't know in the slightest that I said Hi!

Bob said...

more please, 1 month old. k thnX!